To tell you the truth, this is one question that was constantly playing on my mind time and again. So, I’ve decided to do a little bit of research to unveil this significant issue. And I finally come up with this conclusion, ‘eating at night doesn’t necessarily make you fat’ . But anyway, you have to consider that this is just my conclusion, while your own research result may vary. So now, I will share with you about what I’ve learned so far:
Why night eating make us gain weight…
- our body metabolism is at its lowest peak at night, therefore the food we consume at night will be slowly digested, then store in the body as extra fat
- our metabolism is slowest while we are sleeping
- if we are less active at night, then we will burn fewer calories
- needless to say, we will gain extra weight if we consume a large meal with a high level of carbs intake just before to going to bed
night eating may not make us gain weight…
- there are other primary factors to consider such as our calorie intake and energy balance for the day. If you are caloric deficit (meaning, if your body lacks calorie for the day), you may as well lose fat while eating at night!
- fat loss is speed up if you eat less at night (meaning, we can still eat at night!) and consume your last meal at least two hours before bedtime
- if we exercise or do a little bit of training before consuming any meal at night, the food we eat is very unlikely to be converted into fat because it will be use for our body recovery process (muscle repair and growth process)
- excess calories will be stored as fat over time, regardless of whether they are taken in during the day or night
All in all, I’ve concluded that our meal timing is not that important, be it in the morning, evening or night, because the only vital thing to consider in order to lose weight is to take in just enough calories which your body requires daily. If you consume more calories that your body burns in a day, well, then you will likely to gain extra weight, no matter what time you consume your food!
Thank you for reading!
Pastikan anda mengunjungi laman kami, www.setelkahwin.com untuk membantu di dalam perancangan majlis perkahwinan anda. Jangan lupa juga untuk mendaftar sebagai Member/Vendor bagi mendapatkan info-info terperinci tentang urusan yang berkaitan dengan hal ehwal perkahwinan. Dan jangan lepaskan peluang untuk menyemak senarai direktori perkahwinan kami yang telah mencecah lebih daripada 3500 penyedia-penyedia khidmat perkahwinan di seluruh Malaysia…!